Micro-finishing, transmission, Service
Vendor: EDR Performance
Available: In stock
Any time two metal parts come into contact, the resulting friction causes heat to build up. These high temperatures lead to wear over time, reduce efficiency and eventually create the need for replacement. By creating a smooth and shiny finish, the Micro-Finishing process increases the life expectancy and efficiency of moving metal parts. Increased life expectancy translates into both lower operating costs as well as improved performance. Micro-Finishing is a process which uses high density, non-abrasive ceramic media and conventional vibratory finishing equipment along with specific chemical compounds in which batches of parts can be processed at the same time.
The Micro-Finishing process removes the surface asperities inherent in machining processes. By safely removing these microscopic peaks, the Micro-Finish process leaves a highly uniform surface which reduces friction and allows for increased lubrication capability. While the dimensional integrity remains intact, the result is an improved component that will operate at lower temperatures, have increased durability, more quiet operation and increased time between maintenance while decreasing power robbing friction.
- Less inertia = Less friction = Less fuel consumption + More power
- Reduction of friction of metal to metal contact parts = Less wear and contact fatigue
- Lower operating temperatures = Increased power output and efficiency
- Increased durability = Lower replacement costs and fewer failures
Additional Benefits Include:
- Improved bending fatigue resistance
- Reduced lubrication maintenance
- Quieter operation
- Reduces rotational torque
- No metallurgical degradation